Best and Fairest Sports Parent Seminars
Everywhere I go I hear horror stories of parent behaviour hindering player development and making life difficult for coaches. We all know how damaging this type of behaviour can be on our young players.
It is the main cause of the following:
- High drop out numbers
- Poor parent – child relationships
- Poor coach – player – parent relationships
- Low self esteem
- Continually changing teams
- Stress and anxiety
- Unfulfilled potential
Fortunately there are answers and you can learn how to give your child the best chance at reaching their potential whilst maintaining a healthy, long lasting and loving relationship.
Best and Fairest Parents Seminars – click on link to learn more about the Best and Fairest Sports Parent Seminars and how to get one at your club for just $20 per head.
Every parent wants what is best for their kids. We want to give them the best opportunities in their education, sport and life in general. However sometimes it is difficult to know if we are doing the right thing by our kids. Are we too involved in what they are doing? Are we under involved? Where is the safe middle ground that allows my child to have ownership over what they do, enjoy what they do and importantly maintain a great relationship with you?
It is possible to have happy, healthy, high performing kids that grow to enjoy playing sport, understand the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and most importantly, love you.
Group sessions for your team on how to be the best parent you can be so your kid can be the best they can be. these sessions can be run at your sporting club and are ideal for parents of all age children. You will understand the difference between over involved and under involved parents, how to develop a growth mindset and how to help your child overcome the inevitable hurdles that go along with playing sport.
6 signs you may be an over involved parent: https://nathanburkeconsulting.com/2015/09/25/6-signs-youre-an-over-involved-sports-parent/
These sessions are designed specifically for sports coaches. They focus on how to manage a group of players (boys and girls), including how/when to give feedback, managing parents, building confidence and what a high performance program looks like. Importantly you will learn how and when to give feedback to your team including the importance of telling the kids the story, because if you don’t they will make up their own.
Great teams design the culture they need in order to succeed. Call it brand, motto or vision – it doesn’t matter. What matters is having a clear goal, a clear understanding of the behaviours and mindset required to get there and processes which allow everyone to be held accountable. If you want this for you team, please give us a call.
Nathan offers a wide range of sports and fitness coaching programs:
- Speed and Agility – got the skills but need the speed? Personal programs concentrating on your technique and fitness will produce results. You’re guaranteed to get faster and more agile. Special programs focus on junior athletes.
- Basic fitness – don’t have time to get to the gym? Personalised programs that start at 20 minutes 3 times a week. $20 gets you all the equipment you will ever need.
- Event training – want to run that half marathon or just 5km but don’t know where to start? We can devise programs that will get you to the finish line.
- Quit smoking – you’ll feel healthier and have more money – what is their to lose?
- Mentoring – do you or your junior sportsperson need a mentor to ensure you are mentally strong enough to achieve your goals? Nathan works 1:1 with junior and senior sportspeople to make sure they remain mentally strong, resilient, confident and importantly grounded.
- Group sessions (private and corporate) – want a fun and challenging fitness session to inspire and motivate your friends or colleagues. Nathan will design and deliver an event that will get your heart rate up as well as your fun levels.